A video of my experiences with the Moshi Talking Digital Clock.
- Worked extremely well (excellent product for blind people!)
- There can’t be an echo in the room or it has difficulty understanding your voice.
- It could hear/understand me from halfway across the room (I didn’t test different lengths or measure from my recliner to where it sits on my media center)
- Had trouble understanding my boyfriend, who has a very strong Georgia accent. After he enunciated, however, it understood his commands.
- Its listening port is in the front, so you can’t give it commands from the back of it.
- Has a function to fall asleep to ambient noises (like birds and water), but I didn’t test those out.
- Has a full-featured alarm system but, since I won’t be using those, I didn’t test them out. You can use voice commands to set the alarm functions, as well.
- You have to manually set the date, instead of voice commands. I believe you might be able to manually set the other stuff too, but I don’t recall. The voice commands function was all I cared about 🙂